Ashley Parent Partnership
The Ashley Parent Partnership (APP) is a body of parents/carers of children at Ashley Primary School. It provides a forum for them to put forward the views of the parent/carer community and to provide feedback to aid the school improvement process; giving feedback on school initiatives, highlighting general areas which parents would like the school to consider, and to support leaders in areas which parental views will be actively sought. Fundraising initiatives for the School will remain the responsibility of the Friends of Ashley (FOA) whose remit will be complementary to that of the APP.
The APP works in partnership with the school to:
• Create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents/carers, promoting partnership between the school, its pupils and all its parents.
• Develop and engage in discussion and activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
• Enhance communication between Ashley Primary School and the parent/carer community, thus improving Parent Voice and subsequent feedback to the parent/carer community.
• Promote positive, close co-operation between parents, the school and the local governing committee (LGC).
• Expand the parental perspective within the LGC, beyond that of the Parent Governors, by creating a recognised consultative advisory body.
• Ensure that matters of concern to any group of parents are addressed as quickly as possible and, where required, the LGC members are made aware of them.
• Embrace and amplify the school values – ‘Together we live, love and learn in harmony’.
Please see the full Terms of Reference document agreed at the first meeting of the APP on 11th March 2020 here.
The APP has a Code of Conduct - here.
Minutes of the 11th March 2020 are here.
Minutes of the 5th October 2020 are here.
Minutes of the 30th November 2020 are here.
Minutes of the 18th January 2021 will appear here shortly.
Next meeting dates:
Monday 1st March 2021
Reception: Kimberley Andrews with substitute Jonny Briscoe. email firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 1: Andrew Stocks with substitute Francy Glennon. email Year1APPReps@gmail.com
Year 2: Katie Mansfield Von Brown and substitute Katia Ramírez. email Year2AshleyPP@gmail.com
Year 3: Dave Kendall and substitute Laura Stocks. email email@example.com
Year 4: Lesley Stockman and substitute Francesca Rajan. email Lesley.FranYr4APP@gmail.com
Year 5: Nick Wallis and substitute Sara Shaw. email 2020APPrepsY5@gmail.com
Year 6: Ian Birdsey. email firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair - email@example.com
The APP secretary is Tabitha Siklos