Below you will find a copy of our Ofsted inspection report from the 16th and 17th November 2021. In 2007, when we were last inspected, our school was rated ‘Outstanding’ under a very different Ofsted inspection framework. The 2019 inspection framework was introduced to focus on the importance of the whole curriculum, of knowledge and how it all fits together. Now, the judgement criteria for meeting Outstanding has also been raised considerably and will be awarded only when schools are exceptional in all five Ofsted areas.
In the recent inspection, the inspectors recognised that the new leadership team in the school are aware of the improvement priorities and have plans in place to address these areas of concern. They found arrangements for safeguarding to be effective. The school was judged overall to be ‘Requires Improvement’ although the report clearly recognises some of the strengths of our school. Not all the observations made by the Ofsted inspection team can be recorded in the report, but some of the key points to note include:
- The headteacher has a clear, accurate view of the school’s work and is ably supported by the senior leadership team.
- Safeguarding is rated effective. Leaders have improved safeguarding procedures during the past few years.
- Pupils enjoy learning, get on well together and behave well.
- Teachers have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour during playtimes, collective worship and when moving around the school.
- The school curriculum supports pupils’ personal and social development well. Pupils are encouraged to respect different beliefs and religions.
- The school’s curriculum has been reviewed. The subject plans in a range of subjects now provide a secure framework for teaching and learning.
- Subject leaders provide passionate and determined leadership for their subjects.
- Procedures for identifying SEND have been tightened up and pupils are receiving help more quickly than previously.
The accompanying letter sent to parents and carers can be found here.
The most recent Ofsted report can be found here.
If you have questions related to the inspection report, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 17th January, 1pm. They will be answered in a zoom meeting on Thursday 20th at 7pm, by the leadership team, members of the LC and a representative from the GST.
The link to Ashley's Ofsted page is here.
Please visit Ofsted's Parent View page here.