Open meeting protocol
The local governing committee (LGC) of Ashley CofE Primary School adopted this protocol on: 20th September 2018
The LGC has agreed that termly local governing committee meetings will be “open.” Open meetings are meetings of the full LGC to which members of the public, including school staff and parents can request, in writing, to attend, as observers. This protocol outlines the conduct, expected by the committee, of those requesting attendance.
Open Meeting Protocol
- LGC meetings are notified on the school website.
- Members of the public can make a request, in writing to the Clerk to the LGC, to attend the “open” part of any meeting.
- Requests to attend must be sent to the Clerk to the LGC no less than 14 days before the date of the meeting (via the email address - email@example.com)
- If there is sufficient capacity/space an invitation to attend the meeting will be issued by the Clerk to the LGC, together with an agenda. These will be sent by e-mail seven days before the meeting.
- Anyone attending will be recorded in the minutes as “In attendance”.
- Persons attending meetings do so at the invitation of the LGC, as observers only, and must agree:
- not to speak or in any other way interrupt the meeting;
- at the request of the chair, to leave the meeting if any part is deemed, by the LGC, to be confidential;
- not to record any part of the meeting electronically or in writing.
Failure to abide by these expectations may result in an individual being asked to withdraw from the meeting and potentially be refused an invitation to future meetings.