Reception 2021 intake - information about our school
In normal times we would invite parents/carers to tour the school and to meet with staff in school to help you make your decision about choosing the right school for your child. This year we are unable to invite you to school.
We hope you enjoy our short (7 minute) video about Ashley C of E Primary School, and look forward to welcoming you to our school in September.
To apply for a place at Ashley for Reception in September 2021, you must:
- Register and apply for a primary school place online - please see the Surrey School Admissions page here. Full details of the process are on that page.
- Complete our Supplementary Form if you wish your application to be considered under criterion 6 or 7 - please see this page, and click on the 'Apply' tab. There are also separate supplementary forms to apply for a place under criterion 3 or 5 (see below) - children of staff or children eligible for the Pupil Premium.
The closing date for applications in 15th January 2021
A Church Supplementary Information Form (CSIF) should be completed by those applying for a place under Criterion 6 or 7. This form is available from the Admissions Officer or from the school website and must be completed by the parent, endorsed by the vicar/minister of St Mary’s or St Johns (in the case of Walton Parish) or the senior minister of the Church named and then submitted to the school office no later than 15th January 2021. If this form is not submitted by the application closing date, your application may be ranked in the relevant lower criterion.
We have 90 places for Reception in 2021. If more than 90 applications are made, admission will be in the following order:
- Looked After Children and Previously Looked After Children
- Exceptional medical or social circumstances
- Children of staff on the School payroll, who have been employed for two or more years at the closing date of application. A maximum of 3 places will be available for this category.
- An applicant with a sibling on roll at the time of admission.
- An applicant who lives a distance of no further than 500 metres from the school AND who can demonstrate eligibility for Pupil Premium. A maximum of 10 places will be available for this category.
- An applicant who lives within the Ecclesiastical Parish boundary of Walton on Thames AND the applicant and at least one parent regularly attend either St Mary’s or St John’s Churches in Walton on Thames.
- The applicant lives within the Ecclesiastical Parish boundary of Walton on Thames AND the applicant and at least one parent regularly attend another Christian Church.
- The applicant lives within the Ecclesiastical Parish boundary of Walton on Thames.
- Any other children whose parents wish them to attend Ashley Church of England Primary School.
Please see our full admissions policy for 2021-22 for full details and definitions.