Ashley CofE Primary School is an academy in the Good Shepherd Trust, a family of church school academies within the Diocese of Guildford. For more information on the Trust please click here.
In accordance with the DfE’s current guidance for Governance of academies and multi-academy trusts, our Local Governing body is responsible for:
- Setting the vision and strategic direction of our school, ensuring all statutory duties are met and to setting an ethos of high expectations of everyone in the school community. This includes high expectations for the behaviour, progress and attainment of all pupils and for the conduct and professionalism of both staff and governors
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of staff and ensuring that the Headteacher implements the strategic framework established by the board.
- Overseeing the school’s financial performance and ensuring that money is well spent and in line with the school’s strategic priorities.
The Local Governing Body meets once per term and all Governors are expected to attend. We have three main subcommittees that meet every half term to focus on particular aspects of School life: The Curriculum, Learning and Progress Committee; The Safeguarding Committee; and The Resources Committee.
Our Local Governing Body:
Foundation Governors appointed by the Good Shepherd Trust
Mrs Ruth Crowson (P)
Dr Annemarie O'Connor
Mrs Lisa Parker
Mr Nigel Stapleton (Chair of Governors) can be contacted via the School address
Reverend Cathy Blair (Vice Chair of Governors)
Mr Richard Dunne
Teacher Governor (Elected)
Mrs Jackie Stevens
Parent Governors (Elected)
Mr Laurence Koe (P)
Mr Martyn McCarthy (P)
Support Staff Governor (Elected)
Miss Ruth Bardel
Clerk to the Governing Body
Ms Sienna Alcock
(P) Denotes Governor who has a child at Ashley C/E Primary School
Local Governing Body Meeting Dates 2017-18:
- 7.30pm on Tuesday 26th September 2017
- 7.30pm on Wednesday 29th November 2017
- 7.30pm on Thursday 22nd March 2016
- 7.30pm on Thursday 14th June 2018